Mary Frances DuMay
Mary Frances Anderson DuMay, a native Houstonian and 22-year real estate agent, specializes in Houston’s close-in neighborhoods—West University, River Oaks, and neighborhoods near the Texas Medical Center. Mary Frances is a trusted advocate with the highest integrity for her seller and buyer clients. She has a stellar reputation in the real estate community. “Mary Frances is a paragon real estate agent who is genuine and trustworthy. If you are looking to buy in the West U/Rice Village area of Houston, it will be difficult to find anyone better than Mary Frances. We were incredibly lucky to find her.” – Dr. Jonathan Rowland
Before selling real estate, Mary Frances was a sports broadcaster at an NBC affiliate TV station. She filmed, produced, and reported on local sports. At the time, Mary Frances was one of only two female sports directors in Texas.
Mary Frances actively supports her neighborhood of West University Place, where she resides with her family. She is a long-time ‘park lover,’ sponsoring all fundraising events for West U’s nine parks. Mary Frances is a consistent sponsor for the Friends of West University Parks annual Party on the Patio, Golf Tournament, Fathers and Flashlights, and Park Lovers’ Ball since 2008.
The Anderson DuMay Team [TADT] will be the presenting sponsor again this summer for ‘Party on the Patio’ at West University’s Colonial Park & Pool. This is the fourth consecutive year that Mary Frances and her real estate team have sponsored this fun neighborhood event, complimentary to all attendees. Pack a picnic meal, bring a blanket and enjoy complimentary live bands on the west lawn and terrace each Friday in June. There will be a few surprise giveaways in the summer of 2024! TADT has committed to sponsoring Party on the Patio through 2026 to show her ongoing support of Friends of West U Parks Fund, a 501c3 fundraising organization for West U’s nine park pockets and green spaces.
Mary Frances’ team, The Anderson DuMay Team (TADT) – Compass Real Estate Houston, recently purchased a new oak tree for Colonial Park. The new tree symbolizes both her roots in West University Place as a trusted real estate agent and the growth of the Anderson DuMay Team. The sapling was planted on November 5th, 2021 and dedicated at a ceremony, ‘Bloom Where You Are Planted’. Her husband, David, and three sons, Clayton, Conner, and Patrick, along with many clients and their children, attended the festive event (complete with Tiny’s #5 chocolate chip cookies) by the new tree.
Mary Frances is married to David DuMay, and they have three sons: Clayton, Conner, and Patrick. Their girls are “Lucky” (yellow Labrador) and “Penny,” (red-merle Australian Shepherd). Mary Frances plays golf and tennis when the Houston weather cooperates! She also enjoys traveling and spending time with her family.
Affiliations, Honors and Education
- Compass Real Estate Houston, TX
- Houston Association of Realtors (HAR)
- Texas Association of Realtors (TAR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Greenwood King Properties Top Producer 2002-2018
- Greenwood King Properties Rookie of the Year 2001-2002
- B.A., History cum laude University of Oklahoma 1994
- Pi Beta Phi Women’s Fraternity – Pledge Class President
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart Valedictorian 1990
Philanthropic and Community Involvement
- River Oaks Women’s Golf Association 2022 President
- Friends of West University Place Parks Fund, Inc. Board Member since 2020
- Friends of West University Place 29th Annual Park Lovers’ Ball Co-Chair
- West University Little League Head Coach 2014 & 2015; Ladies Auxiliary 2011-2016; ‘A Night in Old Havana’ Auction Co-Chair 2012
- Strake Jesuit Retreat Team, Mentor Mom and Mother’s Club Board Member 2018 – 2020
- Junior League of Houston Sustaining Club Board 2022-2023
- Junior League of Houston Active Member 2001 – 2011
- Lifelong St. Anne Church Parishioner
- St. Anne School Foundation Board of Trustees 2013-2019; Gala Co-Chair 2016
- River Oaks Ladies Tennis Association
- Member of United States Golf Association (USGA) & Texas Golf Association (TGA)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Wish Grantor